1. Live your own life. Not someone else’s. We are indeed all different. Always do what makes you happy.
2. Your friends will impact you more than you think. Surround yourself with good people.
3. If someone loves you unconditionally, love them back.
4. Anybody can earn money. Respect, trust and love are much tougher to attain.
5. The greatest peace of mind is waking up in the morning, knowing your loved ones and family are outside your bedroom door.
6. No matter what they say, everyone has at some point jammed to the Backstreet Boys.
7. How you treat people less fortunate than you matters a lot more than how you act around the people higher up than you.
8. Miracles happen every day. Acknowledge them and don’t take daily routines for granted.
9. Guys, the way to a woman’s heart is all explained in the movie, Love Actually, which coincidentally is the greatest romantic film ever made.
10. Until you find your significant other, your mother will always be the person who knows you best.
11. Knowing how to get to the answer is sometimes more useful than actually knowing the answer. Now you know why your third grade teacher was so insistent you “showed your work”.
12. If you ever find yourself in a tricky situation, pick the option which you can look back at on with no regrets.
13. Your job does not define you. It is merely a small piece of the entire definition.
14. The worst experiences in life are often the ones which make you stronger.
15. Crappy miserable days will always come around. Life would be much less interesting if they did not.
16. There is no shame in saying sorry and realizing you made a mistake. Doing so, will leave you less stressed and light hearted.
17. If you believe in something, stand up for it even if you are the only one doing so. Forming opinions makes you a much interesting person to be around.
18. If your mom is the person you should be taking advice from, your dad is the person who you can learn simply by observing his actions.
19. Try not to stray away from your roots. Your background and heritage will always be visible to people around you. Cherish and be proud of it.
20. People too often mistake going to university as a means to getting a job. Education is meant to give you the ability to think for yourself and grow as a person. A degree is a key to let you achieve and change things in your life which most people cannot. Make use of it.
21. Sometimes the best weekends are not at restaurants and house parties, but on the couch in your living room, spent relaxing and unwinding.
22. Very few passions compare to cheering your sports team on for an entire season.
23. Life will never throw anything at you which you cannot handle.
24. Positive change takes time. To improve anything, persistence and patience is key.
25. Do good. Ultimately that is what it is all about.
This blog post has been written by Faizan Hamdani. Click here to learn more about Faizan.